At Solid Realty Group, our passion for real estate is just as strong as our passion for our community. Our belief is that a company should support the community in which it conducts business.
This month is “Better Hearing Month” and Solid Realty Group is donating a portion of our real estate commissions to Boerne nonprofit, Aid the Silent.
When you buy or sell a house with us, together we will give the gift of better hearing to a deaf or hard-of-hearing child.
A doctor’s diagnosis of “deaf” and/or “hard of hearing” for a small child is not something any parent can prepare for. Neither can some prepare for the financial costs associated with helping their child succeed in a hearing world.
Aid the Silent, a nonprofit organization in Boerne, TX assists economically-disadvantaged deaf and hard-of-hearing youth ages 2 – 18.
San Antonio, Texas has the second largest group of deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals in the country, coming in a 15 million people! This number continues to rise each year.
Aid the Silent is working towards:
- Deaf Awareness: community inclusiveness as a deaf member of the community
- Deaf Resources: providing hearing aids, hearing devices, speech therapy, ASL lessons
- Deaf Education: funding for early intervention programs for families, educators, classroom accommodations, and outreach programs
- Deaf Ministry: providing camper fees for accommodations needed at an HOH/deaf camp
- Deaf Research: collecting data about local service providers who cater to the HOH/deaf community + helping fund efforts for tech advancements to benefit HOH/deaf community.
Aid the Silent helps the community by working alongside:
- Independent school districts