You will need to pay for some things upfront as the buying process progresses.
- When you place an offer you will need to put down some earnest money typically sellers ask for 1% of the sales price.
- You will also need to pay an option fee to purchase your option period during which you will do your inspections to insure the house is in the condition you think it is.
- The fee for the home inspection is paid directly to the inspector at the time your home inspection is conducted please see the Information for your Protection Form.
- You will also need to purchase a WDI report to determine if there are termites or other wood destroying insects on the property.
- If the property has a septic system you will need to have this inspected as well.
- If there are large trees on the property it may be a good idea to consult an arborist regarding their health if that is important to you.